Old-School Essentials Basic Rules
Old-School Essentials is an award-winning role-playing game of fantastic adventure, monsters, and magic. Players delve into forbidden crypts and forsaken ruins, explore haunted forests and perilous mountain ranges, sail the high seas in search of lost lands, recover fabulous treasures and uncover secrets of ancient magic.
Light, easily modified rules put the focus of play on shared imagination, improvisation, and fun. Modern formatting and layout make the game easy to learn and easy to reference during play. Durable, deluxe quality hardcover books are filled with evocative, old-school art. What's more, Old-School Essentials is 100% compatible with the classic Basic/Expert game from 1981, meaning that decades of adventure are at your fingertips!
The Basic Rules
This book is a fully illustrated sample of the basic rules of the game required by players:
- The full introduction and character creation rules.
- The four core human classes: cleric, fighter, magic-user, thief.
- Full lists of adventuring equipment, weapons, and armour.
- The rules for dungeon adventures, encounters, and combat.
- The full rules for spell casting, and the list of 1st level spells.