Following the announcement of the upcoming Advanced Fantasy Player's and Referee's Tomes, there have been a number of questions around exactly what content is in each of the books.
One of the simplest and best ways of showing what's in each of the books is to give a preview of the tables of contents. So here we go!
(Standard disclaimer: work in progress, not final, may contain errors, etc.)
Advanced Fantasy Player's Tome
- Look at all of those classes!
- Races too!
- 4 complete spell lists, coming in at nearly 100 pages.
- The full core rules of the game.
Advanced Fantasy Referee's Tome
- Full guidelines and procedures for adventure design and for running games.
- Over 100 pages of monsters! This section includes all Classic Fantasy and Advanced Fantasy monsters, compiled alphabetically. (i.e. the Classic and Advanced monsters are not presented in separate sections.)
- Nearly 100 pages of magic items! Like the monsters, this section includes all Classic Fantasy and Advanced Fantasy magic items, compiled alphabetically. (i.e. the Classic and Advanced magic items are not presented in separate sections.)
All for Now!
Hopefully these previews answer some questions. We'll have more news on the books and on the upcoming Kickstarter coming soon.