Following the hugely successful Kickstarter we ran last year to bring to life the massively expanded Advanced Fantasy flavour of Old-School Essentials, I'm delighted to announce that the PDFs of the game are now live at DriveThruRPG!
Classic Fantasy vs Advanced Fantasy
Old-School Essentials now comes in two flavours: Classic Fantasy (based on the 1981 Basic/Expert rules) and Advanced Fantasy (the same game, massively expanded with content inspired by the 1970s Advanced 1st Edition rules).
Already Got Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy?
For people who already have the Classic Fantasy game (or the classic Basic/Expert rules... or another game based on those rules), all of the new 1e-inspired material is available in the following supplements:
- Advanced Fantasy Genre Rules: 9 human classes (acrobat, assassin, barbarian, bard, druid, illusionist, knight, paladin, ranger), 6 demihuman classes (drow, duergar, gnome, half-elf, half-orc, svirfneblin), optional rules for creating characters by choosing race and class separately, extra options to add extra depth to character creation, combat, and spell casting.
- Advanced Fantasy Druid and Illusionist Spells: 34 druid spells from 1st to 5th level, 72 illusionist spells from 1st to 6th level.
- Advanced Fantasy Monsters: 120 terrifying, weird, and wonderful monsters.
- Advanced Fantasy Treasures: 150 weird and wondrous magic items.
Expand your games with all the new options or just grab the bits you want!
New to Old-School Essentials?
For people who don't already have the Classic Fantasy game and want a complete game including all the 1e-inspired material, everything's compiled into two massive tomes that form a complete game:
- Advanced Fantasy Player's Tome: The complete game rules, 13 fantastic classes, 10 classic races, full equipment lists, and over 200 weird and wonderful spells.
- Advanced Fantasy Referee's Tome: Full guidelines for creating and running adventures, over 300 fearsome monsters, and over 300 wondrous magic items.
These two tomes include everything from Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy plus everything in the four Advanced Fantasy supplements listed above!
Will be available in the spring, once Kickstarter rewards have been sent out to backers.