Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy Black Box [Print + PDF]
Boxed set of 5 hardcover books; shrink-wrapped; total of 296 pages; A5 (Digest) size; deluxe quality sewn binding; 8 pages of colour art plates in each book; endpapers printed with tables and rules summaries
Available with two cover options: the standard cover by Andrew Walter and the highly limited cover by Peter Mullen. Also available at a reduced price as a set of books without the box. (See version selector above.)
A Complete Game in a Box
The Classic Fantasy Black Box contains a complete game, consisting of the Old-School Essentials core rules plus the four Classic Fantasy rules modules:
- Core Rules: Rules for character creation and advancement, adventuring in dungeons, the wilderness, and at sea, magic and combat.
- Classic Fantasy: Genre Rules: Seven classic classes (cleric, dwarf, elf, fighter, halfling, magic-user, thief), complete lists of weapons and adventuring gear, extensive lists of vehicles, mounts, and vessels, mercenaries and specialists for hire, rules for stronghold construction.
- Classic Fantasy: Cleric and Magic-User Spells: The complete set of 34 cleric spells (from 1st to 5th level) and 72 magic-user spells (from 1st to 6th level), for use by players of cleric, elf, and magic-user characters.
- Classic Fantasy: Monsters: A selection of over 200 classic monsters to challenge adventurers of all levels.
- Classic Fantasy: Treasures: A hoard of over 150 wondrous magic items.
The material in this boxed set forms a complete clone of the classic Basic/Expert game, including all rules, classes, spells, monsters, and magic items.