Old-School Essentials Rules Tome [PDF]
A Complete Game All in One Book
Old-School Essentials is a modular game where the core rules of the game are extended by additional "rules modules" which add content for different genres of fantastic adventure. The Old-School Essentials Rules Tome is a compilation of the core rules plus four rules modules, forming a complete game for Classic Fantasy adventures:
- Core Rules: Rules for character creation and advancement, adventuring in dungeons, the wilderness, and at sea, magic and combat.
- Classic Fantasy: Genre Rules: Seven classic classes (cleric, dwarf, elf, fighter, halfling, magic-user, thief), complete lists of weapons and adventuring gear, extensive lists of vehicles, mounts, and vessels, mercenaries and specialists for hire, rules for stronghold construction.
- Classic Fantasy: Cleric and Magic-User Spells: The complete set of 34 cleric spells (from 1st to 5th level) and 72 magic-user spells (from 1st to 6th level), for use by players of cleric, elf, and magic-user characters.
- Classic Fantasy: Monsters: A selection of over 200 classic monsters to challenge adventurers of all levels.
- Classic Fantasy: Treasures: A hoard of over 150 wondrous magic items.
The material in this book forms a complete clone of the classic Basic/Expert game, including all rules, classes, spells, monsters, and magic items.
Deluxe Print Edition
PDF to Print Upgrade
Any PDF purchased from necroticgnome.com can be upgraded to the corresponding print product at a discount. Contact us to ask about upgrading!
Modular Bundle or Tome?
The core Old-School Essentials game is available in two PDF formats:
- The Black Box PDF Bundle: A set of 5 modular PDFs.
- The Rules Tome PDF: A chunky all-in-one PDF.
The content of these two formats is the same; they just cater to different tastes.