Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy Black Box [Print + PDF]
VERY LOW STOCK! We're down to the last few copies of this product. The very low stock levels mean that in case of damage or loss during shipment, we unfortunately won't be able to offer replacements. (A full / partial refund would be offered instead, for loss / damage respectively.)
Boxed set of 5 hardcover books; shrink-wrapped; total of 296 pages; A5 (Digest) size; deluxe quality sewn binding; 8 pages of colour art plates in each book; endpapers printed with tables and rules summaries
Available with two cover options: the standard cover by Andrew Walter and the highly limited cover by Peter Mullen. Also available at a reduced price as a set of books without the box. (See version selector above.)
Author: Gavin Norman, Cover artist: Andrew Walter (standard edition) / Peter Mullen (limited edition)
A Complete Game in a Box
The Classic Fantasy Black Box contains a complete game, consisting of the Old-School Essentials core rules plus the four Classic Fantasy rules modules:
- Core Rules: Rules for character creation and advancement, adventuring in dungeons, the wilderness, and at sea, magic and combat.
- Classic Fantasy: Genre Rules: Seven classic classes (cleric, dwarf, elf, fighter, halfling, magic-user, thief), complete lists of weapons and adventuring gear, extensive lists of vehicles, mounts, and vessels, mercenaries and specialists for hire, rules for stronghold construction.
- Classic Fantasy: Cleric and Magic-User Spells: The complete set of 34 cleric spells (from 1st to 5th level) and 72 magic-user spells (from 1st to 6th level), for use by players of cleric, elf, and magic-user characters.
- Classic Fantasy: Monsters: A selection of over 200 classic monsters to challenge adventurers of all levels.
- Classic Fantasy: Treasures: A hoard of over 150 wondrous magic items.
The material in this boxed set forms a complete clone of the classic Basic/Expert game, including all rules, classes, spells, monsters, and magic items.