Old-School Essentials Advanced Fantasy: Genre Rules [Print + PDF]
Note: This product is currently unavailable because our warehouse is shut down due to the corona virus. Orders will be re-opened as soon as it's safe for the warehouse staff to begin working again.
56 page hardcover; A5 (Digest) size; deluxe quality sewn binding; endpapers printed with tables and rules summaries
This rules module expands the Old-School Essentials game with rules for playing games in the Advanced Fantasy genre, bringing in material inspired by the beloved 1970s Advanced rules:
- 9 human classes: acrobat, assassin, barbarian, bard, druid, illusionist, knight, paladin, ranger.
- 6 demihuman race-classes: drow, duergar, gnome, half-elf, half-orc, svirfneblin.
- All new classes are carefully designed to match the power levels of the classic Basic/Expert game.
- Rules for poisons. (Essential for assassin characters!)
- Advanced options: Optional rules to add extra depth to character creation, combat, and spell casting.
Not a Complete Game
Note that this book is not a complete game! It is a rules module that adds extra player options on top of Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy: Genre Rules (contained in the Black Box and the Rules Tome). Spell lists for bard, druid, gnome, illusionist, and ranger characters are found in Old-School Essentials Advanced Fantasy: Druid and Illusionist Spells.