Old-School Essentials Advanced Fantasy: Genre Rules [Print + PDF]
Reduced! We're doing a 2nd printing of this book and are therefore selling the 1st printing copies at a discount!
56 page hardcover; A5 (Digest) size; deluxe quality sewn binding; endpapers printed with tables and rules summaries
Author: Gavin Norman, Cover artist: Stefan Poag
This supplement expands the Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy game with extra classes, rules, and options inspired by the beloved 1970s Advanced rules:
- 9 human classes: acrobat, assassin, barbarian, bard, druid, illusionist, knight, paladin, ranger.
- 6 demihuman race-classes: drow, duergar, gnome, half-elf, half-orc, svirfneblin.
- All new classes are carefully designed to match the power levels of the classic Basic/Expert game.
- Rules for poisons. (Essential for assassin characters!)
- Advanced options: Optional rules to add extra depth to character creation, combat, and spell casting.
Requires Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy
Note that this book is not a complete game! It is a supplement that adds extra player options on top of Old-School Essentials Classic Fantasy game (the Classic Fantasy Black Box or the Classic Fantasy Rules Tome).
Requires Druid and Illusionist Spells
Spell descriptions for bard, druid, gnome, illusionist, and ranger characters are found in Old-School Essentials Advanced Fantasy: Druid and Illusionist Spells.